- NIH NExTRAC June 2021 Meeting Agenda (Needs Link)
Draft Report of the Gene Drives in Biomedical Research Working Group
- Draft Report of the Gene Drives in Biomedical Research Working Group (Needs Link)
This is the draft report of the Gene Drives in Biomedical Research Working Group, which was prepared in response to the charge given by the NIH Director at the December 2019 NExTRAC meeting to:
- “Consider whether existing biosafety guidance is adequate for contained laboratory research utilizing gene drive technology
- Outline conditions (if any) under which NIH could consider supporting field release of gene drive modified organisms
and to provide advice on the following issues:
- Given the diverse applications and species that may be used in gene drive research with different risks, is the current landscape of biosafety guidance adequate for contained research?
- What knowledge and conditions should be in place to help ensure that field release research of gene drive modified organisms could be conducted safely and ethically?”
Additional Meeting Materials
This material contains content that is not fully supported by assistive technology. For accessibility assistance with these files, please contact: SciencePolicy@od.nih.gov.
- NExTRAC Roster (Needs Link)
- Gene Drives in Biomedical Research Working Group Roster (Needs Link)
- NExTRAC Gene Drives in Biomedical Research Working Group, Cinnamon Bloss, Ph.D. and Zach Adelman, Ph.D. June 25, 2021 (Needs Link)
- Charge to the NExTRAC, Lawrence A. Tabak, D.D.S., Ph.D. June, 25 2021 (Needs Link)
Public Comments (Needs Link)