The NIH Policy on the Use of a Single Institutional Review Board of Record for Multi-Site Research establishes the expectation that all sites participating in multi-site studies involving non-exempt human subjects research funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will use a single Institutional Review Board (sIRB) to conduct the ethical review required by the Department of Health and Human Services regulations for the Protection of Human Subjects.
- Final NIH Policy on the Use of a Single Institutional Review Board for Multi-Site Research
- Federal Register Notice on the Final NIH sIRB policy
- Federal Register Notice on sIRB Effective Date Extension
- NIH Guide Notice on the Final sIRB policy
- NIH Guide Notice on sIRB Effective Date Extension
- Public Comments on the Draft policy